At CNC Foundations, we are passionate about teaching students; we hope to be a part of constructing the future of aspiring engineers, estimators, and project managers. Our company culture is centered on being family-oriented. We teach, learn, and motivate one another. We are looking for interns that are excited to learn, passionate about construction, and looking to further their knowledge through real-world experience!
My internship at CNC Foundations has provided a multitude of opportunities. I have made so many great connections with some of the best coworkers, I have been given multiple opportunities to go out in the field and observe what the company does, and I have learned so many things that carry over to the classroom. The company is very open and flexible about my class schedule during the school year; they allow me to work what is manageable with my school schedule to ensure success in both areas. I may be still learning, but I know the company values me as much as I value them. CNC Foundations has given me so much insight into the professional world. This opportunity is something that I could not recommend enough to any future student looking for growth, connections, and real world experience that prepares you for your future!
Position assists the Engineering Team with all aspects of new project design and estimation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in Organization and assembly of submittals
- Assists with estimating of bids
- Preparation of simple calculations for helicals/micropiles
- Tracking deadlines and getting updates from outsourced engineering suppliers
- CAD as needed
- Starting, organizing, and maintaining project folders for bids
- Compiling report data from project installations
- Confer with supervisory personnel, in-house engineering staff, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, design changes, and constructability issues
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Organization – Must be extremely organized and capable of working multiple projects and estimates at once. Must be able to see all aspects of the projects to close, not allowing any details to go unattended
- Communication – Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills. Applicant must be comfortable making phone calls.
- Problem Solving – Willingness to engage in problems and develop solutions
- Must have completed at least one year of bachelor’s degree in engineering management minimum (civil, structural or geotechnical)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook)
- A self-starting highly motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality and safety.
- Very organized with a systematic approach to tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
Location: St Louis
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. 15-25 hours per week. Possible full time after graduating.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. Please, no phone calls about this job! Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Interested? We are always accepting resumes and we’d love to hear from you! Please email your resume to email@example.com.